auditodd at comcast.net wrote:

> They aren't monitoring the ports...
> They are monitoring the outgoing traffic, not what port it is on.
> So they see my Bittorrent outgoing traffic and assume it is spam email.

I'd be VERY suprised if they confuse traffic that way. It's too easy
to tell which port it comes from. Did you actually check your outgoing
traffic to make sure one of your machines hasn't been hacked and is
being used as a spambot?

> Not even sure if it is worth bitching at them again. I don't really need port 25 open as I can adjust my mail clients to their 'new' port with no problems. Probably better off just dumping them and going to a real ISP. Guess it's time to start looking around for a new provider.

Huh? You DO need 25 if you are running a real mail server. It has to
connect to the rest of the world on port 25 for your outgoing mail.
You can't just adjust your clients for this. And if you aren't running
a real mail server, why are you using port 25?

> I'm in the south east metro. Any suggestions for an ISP?
> Qwest is the obvious provider, but I'm open to other suggestions.

I'm very happy with Qwest/ipHouse. But I don't think switching
providers is going to fix this...