Sunny - This Popcorn unit sounds like it would actually be a better
option. The only problem is it would not play Tivo recorded shows
unless they were converted. Other than that I might want one of these
for myself.

Donovan - I might still have an interest in your old Tivo units, but I
have to check first which units are easily hacked. I believe most S2
and HD models have a PROM that needs to be modified before any new
kernal can be put in place, but I think S1 are fine. If it is a
DirectTV model then that won't work.