Great discussion! I don't know much about version control systems
besides the ones I've used a bunch (RCS, CVS, SVN), but I'm familiar
with some the major conceptual differences between these and the "next
generation" version control systems, and I have earmarks in my talk to
bring these up from time to time. I'll certainly welcome audience
interaction, as always.

I want to underscore that Subversion is just the vector for concept
delivery. I've no emotional ties to Subversion. Also, this mailing list
is definitely a great forum for "which tool is best" and "which tool
does what" types of discussions.

On a personal note, my motivation for giving this talk is that I feel
like I will eventually migrate to a distributed version control
system--perhaps git--and I want to give this talk before that
happens. :)

--
Adam Monsen