I agree with Curtis that Drupal should be near the top of anybody's CMS
list. It's written in PHP and the local community is much larger than
the Plone/Zope community. Drupal support would be superior to Plone,
which is written in Python and better represented in Europe and South
America.

FWIW, Plone has excellent version control systems (many, in fact),
excellent templating capabilities, and there are plenty of document
conversion modules. Specifically I remember seeing one or more PDF
generators.I think I have seen LaTEX and DocBook support, but it has
been awhile. There is a lot of XML support in the Plone community so you
could use that data format to shuttle between various markup languages.

JR