We can't get DSL in my area of Bloomington because the phone infrastructure
is too old.  Comcast has a monopoly on broadband service, and residential
service starts at $60 per month.  Of course this is not all Comcast's fault,
the city council could take a little leadership on broadband access for
Bloomington.  But I suspect the city is in cahoots with Comcast because they
get their community-access cable services and infrastructure from Comcast.
I wonder what other benefits the council gets from Comcast that they make us
continue to pay Comcast $60 per month for their marginal internet services,
but that's the state of affairs right now.

Curtis