In order to install a 64 bit version of an operating system in ESXi
(probably ESX too but I know this for a fact with ESXi) the processors
need to have virtualization capabilities built in, Intel refers to it
as VT and AMD uses AMD-V IIRC. The x850 stuff from Dell pre-dates
virtualization capabilities being embedded in processors, or at least
they didn't ship any of it in the x850 series.

If you wanted to run virtual 64 bit linux instances on there you
should be able to do so with XenServer or one of the other Linux based
virtualization solutions. If you're looking to use it as a compute
resource I'm not sure that virtualization is the right track for you
to b following but there you go.

Josh