On 12/14 11:28 , Donovan wrote:
> Anybody doing any SNPP over the internet paging from Linux?  I can't find
> much as far as software, seems like there should be a simple framework out
> there.  I did find python-snpp but don't see much in terms of
> documentation/examples.

My knowlege of SNPP is pretty corroded; but if you're sending a page across
the Internet, here's how Nagios does it:

# 'host-notify-by-epager' command definition
define command{
        command_name    host-notify-by-epager
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "Host '$HOSTALIAS$' is
$HOSTSTATE$\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\nTime: $LONGDATETIME$" | /usr/bin/mail -s
"$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - Host $HOSTNAME$ is $HOSTSTATE$" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }

Basically, take your message, pipe it to mail, and use that to send it to
the e-mail address which will then send the page.

if you want to dial a modem and send a page; look at qpage or sendpage.

http://www.qpage.org/
http://www.sendpage.org/

Each has advantages and disadvantages; and I've used both depending on what
needed to be done at each site.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator