I should have changed the subject of the last message.  I'm repeating it
here (below).

Mike

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Dan Armbrust wrote:

>> Agreed, don't know what I would do without my Thunderbird. You are more
>> daring than I though, Im sticking to 3.0.
>
> Wow, did they actually finally make some real improvements to Thunderbird?
>
> I use it, but until I saw this, I thought the product was near dead. They
> haven't made a significant improvement in years, IMO.
>
> I hope they finally implemented a proper address book.  The old one
> appeared to be carried over, half broken, directly from the Netscape days.

Anyone using Google Contacts?  As long as I can get the data back out of
it, I think it could be a good thing for me to use.  Can Tbird use Google
Contacts?  I think maybe it can.

By the way, I use gmail, but I also have *all* of my mail on my GNU/Linux
box and use gmail's SMTP server and fetchmail.  It's like I'm doing
old-school sendmail but I'm not.  If Google goes away, I still have my
mail (but I guess they'd have a copy too).

Mike