> As the one usually having to ssh in to help fix things I don't mind
> Mint. PLEASE don't put any shape or form of *bunt* on there.

First, Mint is Ubuntu + Codecs.

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=mint

> Linux Mint is an Ubuntu-based distribution whose goal is to provide a
> more complete out-of-the-box experience by including browser plugins,
> media codecs, support for DVD playback, Java and other components.

Second Whats wrong with Ubuntu? I find that it is one of the best
distros for people who just want to use their computers and don't care
to learn how everything works. I have numerous non-techie users on
Ubuntu and rarely have any service calls with them.

I would volunteer, but I am not exactly in the neighborhood -- and
Ubuntu would be my first choice distro (if a fix of debian is ruled
out).

-Abner