Andrew S. Zbikowski wrote:
> Exchange is something you just don't want to manage.

Don't let this scare you.  It's really not that bad.  I manage a few
Exchange boxes, and once you figure out stupid it is fairly painless
(forgive me) and it works well (forgive me again)!  (I will flog myself
for hours after this message for forgiveness).

Downside to Exchange is the cost.  You will need a 64 bit box with tough
hardware, seperate box for the AD (although you can get this to work on
the same box, it is not really supported), and lets not forget the fancy
CAL's.  Cha-ching, Cha-Ching!!!

I can't speak for Zimbra as I have never touched it, but the other
solutions mentioned already are all excellent.

One thing I can speak from experience is the Full blown Courier-MTA.  I
know the Courier Imap is popular, but the entire Courier system is
pretty nice.  I have set this up for a few companies in the past, and
all were happy.  There is a 3rd party outlook plugin available for it as
well to support the groupware features.  It has a fairly basic web based
config admin, webmail, and just about everything you might want.  I just
thought I'd mention it.

Good Luck Brother!

Viva la Slackware!!!

B-o-B

--
We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude.
We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors.