"All we need from you is the laptop hash code generated after 3 wrong
password attempts: "
I dont remember seeing one, but a nice hint!!

for future ref someone linked me with

Quick Google search found a couple solutions for the BIOS password:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t3697651-forgotten_bios_password_hp_elitebook

Which also leads me to this site:
http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html?content=http%3A//www.plasma-online.de/english/help/solutions/bios_password_hp.html

Which leads to this site:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/CmosPwd

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 10:06:58 -0500
> From: James <jucziz6 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [tclug-list] Wireless N card issues
>
> Most newer laptops store the BIOS password in eeprom, this memory
> stays even when the battery is removed. The only option for getting
> into the BIOS is send the unit back to the manufacture or pay a
> company to have the password cracked.
>
> The following company does this type of work for a fee.
> www.laptoprebirth.com..
>

> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Matthew F. Unger <mfunger at arbita.net>
> wrote:
> > BIOS is password locked.
> >
> > I did a double-check and it doesn?t look like there?s isn?t a jumper on
> the
> > MOBO to reset the password. Shenanigans are hereby officially called on
> HP
> > for having to call into tech support with proof of ownership.
> >
> > I?m going to go out on a limb and say that there?s something in the BIOS
> > that is locking the wireless card out. Sorry, that?s all I got.
> >

> > Cheers,

--0016364ecbe29392590485f43335

the only switch i can see is the touch wifi button and thats the only one t=
hat does=20
blink when i touch it. The speakers and other media buttons blink. <br><br>=
I=20
could try and check the wiring on the wifi button.=A0 I took a quick look a=
t the bios flasher from hp under immunity debugger to see how/where it veri=
fied the pass. It would be nice if i could just forcefully overwrite the bi=
os with rouge data and without verifying the pass. Ive got a little bit of =
assembly knowledge but Im ready to conquer this laptop. If I break it ill j=
ust salvage the workable parts<br>
nicode dump. I will post the data output later tonight<br><br>From laptopre=
birth<br>&quot;All we need from you is the laptop hash code generated after=
 3 wrong=20
password attempts: &quot;<br>I dont remember seeing one, but a nice hint!!<=
nd a couple solutions for the BIOS password:<br>
_elitebook" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fixya.com/support/t3697651-forgott=
en_bios_password_hp_elitebook</a><br>
Which also leads me to this site:<br>
asma-online.de/english/help/solutions/bios_password_hp.html" target=3D"_bla=
nk">http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html?content=3Dhttp%3A//www.plasma-on=
line.de/english/help/solutions/bios_password_hp.html</a><br>

Which leads to this site:<br>
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; border-left: =
1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">

Message: 4<br>