Is that your full httpd.conf file? It seems mighty small and missing a
few directives/modules.

Try to run:
apachectl configtest
to see if your syntax is correct.

I'm not sure how it is in Linux but all the virtual hosts that I have
created for my server are also located in
/usr/local/etc/apache22/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf but Im sure the
locations configuration locations are different for you (since this is
BSD).

Whats the point of the 127.0.1.1 address? You would probably want to bind
to the IP that the system has been allocated since from external
machines cannot route to the 127 address.

Remember to look for some example files and follow documentations. Apache
has great documentation on their site although it can be a bit cryptic
at first.

~Andrew