On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 08:01:49PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
>    I was writing the image for Ubuntu Net Book Remix to usb and it would
>    stall and hang for a long time. I am not sure how big a usb key you need I
>    was using a 2 gig key. it says your net book should have 4 gigs of
>    storage. can any one help with this ?
>    I seen nothing about it in the forums. I was installing it with the usb
>    image writer in Ubuntu. now I am going to try it on windows :(
>    See you Saturday!  , Ron

You don't need the image writer to put the UNR image on the USB key.  You
just dd it to the key:

    dd if=/path/to/unr.img of=/dev/sdb bs=1M

Where sdb is the device via which your USB key is accessible (see the
output of dmesg after inserting the key to get the device).

HTH,

Gabe

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
HPC Systems Administrator,