It's usually easy to find WiFi stuff on Craig's List at bargain prices.  Sometimes also at MPC.  I got a batch of *very* good
(mainstream brand of chips) WiFi PCI cards from MPC for $5 each.

FYI, I have procrastinated in installing a plenum cable from by basement/family room/workshop (3+ boxes, two switches, and two
printers have wired access) to my 2nd story office that temporarily has 6 laptops and a desktop, plus two printers).  I have no
problems and reliable connections and good printing for the 7 upstairs computers to connect individually to the WiFi router in my
basement.  I have automated backups of large files that operate in most directions on this net, and no significant issues with
speed... also can do Slingbox video and seldom have a traffic problem limiting TV over WiFi.

Chuck