Andy Schmid <andyschmid at gmail.com> wrote:
> sort of a repeater.  That should be plenty to figure out some way to
> run a cable.  I once lived in a house where we fished from each room
> ethernet cabling through the air vents, and centralized the router in
> the basement by the furnace.  Be creative :)

Please tell me you used Plenum coated cat5?!  If you plan on running
cables through HVAC for any reason (not recommended and probably against
code), use Plenum.  If you ever do have a fire, Plenum wire will not
release poisonous gas into the air and hopefully allow you to escape the
building relatively unharmed.

Chad