I'm doing this today with my main wireless gateway (happens to be a
Checkpoint) and a WRT54GS running OpenWRT which bridges the network, it acts
as a client on the wireless than its ethernet ports are simply bridged onto
the network. So a system upstairs is connected via ethernet to it and gets
an IP off of the wireless IP range, pretty slick.

--j