From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Andy Schmid
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 2:36 PM
To: Adam Monsen
Cc: Twin Cities Linux Users
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] wirelessly bridging a small wired network

I believe you have 100 meters (~328 feet) to work with when it comes to
ethernet cable, anything beyond that length and you'll need some sort of a
repeater.  That should be plenty to figure out some way to run a cable.  I
once lived in a house where we fished from each room ethernet cabling
through the air vents, and centralized the router in the basement by the
furnace.  Be creative :)

I've done the whole wireless bridging before, and let me tell you its more
trouble than its worth.  The connection reliability is sub-par and no where
near the speed of gigE.  I recommend a wired connection.