On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:23:28PM -0500, Nick Scholtes wrote:
> Can't remember exactly. It was a couple years ago. I read it a few times
> when researching Linux. Is this a myth? Is it possible to do?

If you are a n00b, then rebuilding from source should not concern you.
It's right up there with rebuilding the engine and transmission of a
car.

"Closed source" means exactly that, that you don't have access to the
source, outside of the owners of the software.

And lastly, there does not appear to be a version of Lightwave for
Linux.  Getting the Windows/MacOS code to run on Linux is equivalent
to moving the transmission and engine between two different kind of
vehicles.  To stop milking of the car analogy, you can think of
submarines and fighter jets.

Cheers,
florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163