Hi,

How do you re-build apps from source? I have heard that any software can run
perfectly on Linux if you re-build it. How do I do this? Especially if it is
closed-source software. I would like to re-build Lightwave 3D to run on
Linux. (Actually, I have a number of graphics applications I use that I
would like to re-build on Linux.)

I have used Linux a lot, but am still very much a noob when it comes to the
CLI and code. If someone could walk me through this (as in, baby steps) I
would really appreciate it. I'll worship the open-source ground you walk on!
; )

Thank you in advance,
Nick

--