> The exact same argument could apply to copying any digital media -- DVD
> movies, audio CDs, etc.  Does he think it is evil to sell movies on DVD?
> I don't agree with him.  If people couldn't sell their movies, they
> wouldn't make them.  It isn't like that with software, as we can see.  A
> movie might cost $10 million to make and some movies cost more than $100
> million.  If it were unethical to sell DVDs, they'd show the films in
> theaters only and they would not print DVDs, but wouldn't we all lose
> then?

I think you're on track and yes, he does think that, at least when there
is DRM involved.
I remember someone asking him about DVD's in an interview although I
can't provide the reference.

Now for the opinion piece:
As for the whole multimedia and DRM aspect, I don't think the MPAA and
the studios are thinking about ethics as much as their profit margins.
The MPAA and studios enact the commercialization of art and apply the
business models used to market it as goods.
The use of technology to make this happen is what brings us to its
practical applications in the realm of information exchange and the
rights of consumers as pertains to the goods which they purchase.
I think much of the debate between pro and anti DRM and proprietary
formats people is caused by the failure of society to fundamentally
understand the relationship between goods and information. We see the
affect of this when companies attempt to impose a business model, which
deals with goods and services, to information which is really what is
stored on on your hard disks, dvd's, cd's, etc; the affect being the
conflict between those two groups.