On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Max Shinn wrote:

> After all of the dust settled, I would never go with
> www.thepetitionsite.com again.  At a certain time, it became necessary
> to email everyone who signed the petition.  There did not appear to be
> any way of doing this.  After contacting technical support, I was told
> that the only way to do this is to close the petition and enter a custom
> closing message.  I ended up prematurely closing the petition for this
> need.  Very frustrating... At first the information privacy seemed like
> a really great thing.  The actual printable petition was great too, and
> so was the ability to allow signers to contact you.  The ability to do a
> mass mail is so important, though, and I didn't think to look for that
> before I chose a service. I'm sure you've started your petition by now.
> For future reference, anyone in need of a petition should look
> elsewhere.

Strange coincidence: I was going to try to do it today and had forgotten
until your message came in!

Are you saying that the petitioner cannot see the email addresses?  I'm OK
with a system that has no automatic way of sending email to the
signatories but I do need to be able to copy or download the list of email
addresses if I'm going to contact them.

But if I don't go to thepetitionsite.com, where should I go?

Mike