I acknowledge I have pretty limited experience with MySQL replication,
but I think it sucks.  Oracle, in the use I've had, replicates nicely,
recovers well, with relative ease; MySQL requires a *ton* of user
intervention to replicate after a failure.

What I do have experience with, OpenLDAP 2.4, I've found replication
super easy.  Don't start crying that LDAP is different than SQL.  The
fact of the matter is that *SQL should replicate as simply as OpenLDAP
2.4 does.  Brain dead.  Recovers from any point.  Not only that, there
can be *any* back end (OpenLDAP supports multiple, which can differ
from Master to slave.)

Just my two cents.  If I did so, I apologize, I'm the furthest thing
from an expert.  Just ask anyone who knows me. :)

Eric Crist