Sunny wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Jon Schewe <jpschewe at mtu.net> wrote:
>
>> Yes, that would be great, but we don't have test servers. We're an R&D
>> shop so we can handle some mistakes and save money on servers. Best
>> practice would be to have a separate set of servers for testing and
>> production, but we've decided we can handle the risk. So when we're
>> testing admin scripts and configurations we do it on the real server to
>> make sure it works right and then commit it to the repository. We do
>> much of the testing on our workstations, but at some point it needs to
>> be tested on the real server.
>>

> This does not invalidate my idea. On the svn server, you have temp
> checkout. post-commit will checkout in this temp folder, and then run
> rsync from it to other servers. No rsync is done w/o commit.

You've still missed the problem. The problem is if someone changes the
server without putting the files in subversion.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor
demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will
be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ
Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8:38-39