Andrew Zbikowski wrote:

> Chris,
>
> MediaCom's stability has been a bit questionable lately. If you're in
> Mediacom territory are you also in Integra
> (http://www.integratelecom.com) territory (Prior Lake)? If you are, I
> not sure you could get Qwest DSL.Integra's DSL offering is SDSL
> (Symmetric), where Quest is ADSL like just about every other DSL
> provider in the state. If you are in Prior Lake or otherwise get phone
> service from Integra it would be worth checking out. The Symetric part
> means you get the same upstream bandwidth as downstream bandwith.
> Integra provides the DSL modem with service as their DSLAMS and the
> DSL modems are propritary to the vendory they purchased the systems from.
>
> I had good experience with Integra when I was using them, and if I
> recall correctly the IP address was static not dynamic, something that
> would be helpful for hosting your servers.
>
> --
> Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
> IT Outhouse Blog Thing | http://www.itouthouse.com

Yep, Prior Lake.  I went with Mediacom cable was the only option when I
built my home in 2001.

Were you able to run your own mail server?  That's typically frowned
upon by ISPs, and rightfully so, but anyone on this list is much more
qualified to run a mail server than their typical customer.

I'll check out the Integra site.  I do seem to remember seeing the
Integra trucks around.  They're the ones right in the middle of town, right?

Thanks for the info.