On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Josh Paetzel wrote:

> It would be interesting to know how many members of TCLUG use anything
> but linux, and what their opinions on other unixes are.

I have used Solaris extensively and also IRIX, Tru64, AIX and Mac OS X.

These days I just want to use GNU/Linux because it is widely used, most
stuff is available in packages, and if I have to compile things it
normally goes best for me on a Linux system because of the GNU utils --
most people make sure their software compiles with GCC, GNU make, etc.  I
want to use free software exclusively if that is possible.  I'm working
toward that now and am getting close.

Mike