On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 03:47:24PM -0500, Benjamin Gramlich wrote:
> I think the problem with the name change is the Richard Stallman started the
> FSF and the GNU OS in order to give people the freedom to do with their IP
> what they wished. And now he's asking us to change the name of our group
> before he'll come spend an evening with us.

The problem is people can write, but not read.  Read Mike's e-mail
again.  Let me quote it, in case you lost it:

   So here's the big thing:  Stallman isn't saying that he won't meet with us
   under other conditions, but he is saying that *promises* to meet with us
   only if we change the name of TCLUG to Twin Cities GNU/Linux User Group
   (TCGLUG?).  He wants the GNU in there!

So, P (change the name) -> Q (RMS meets with us)  .  How can you twist this
around to !P -> !Q is beyond me.

>                                             It seems a bit hypocritical to
> me. We've got a hard enough time convincing people to use a GNU/Linux OS
> without trying to explain the damn name.
>
> Why don't we just change the name until the end of October and then change
> it back to TCLUG?

Look up hypocritical in the dictionary, before you use it again.

florin

--
Bruce Schneier expects the Spanish Inquisition.
      http://geekz.co.uk/schneierfacts/fact/163