On Wed, 8 Oct 2008, Florin Iucha wrote:

> Sorting through last e-mails on the topic, I found these options:
>
>   [ ] No change (Twin Cities Linux User Group) -> TCLUG
>   [ ] Twin Cities GNU/Linux User Group -> TCLUG
>   [ ] Twin Cities GNU/Linux User Group -> TCGLUG
>
> Are there any other options that we should consider?

I think we should either limit ourselves to two choices (probably the
first two) or we should use ranks with a Condorcet system like ranked
pairs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked_Pairs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schulze_method#Comparison_with_other_preferential_single-winner_election_methods

The problem is, if 60% of voters were equally divided between the second
two options, the first option would win, but that might not express
majority opinion.  That can't happen with two options, nor with a
Condorcet system.

Mike