> The other TCLUG things like beer meetings and Installfests have
> died out, perhaps as a result of the UMN emphasis.

False.

Installfests aren't happening because nobody is volunteering to make them
happen.  I would be more than happy to have your assitance in organizing
one ;)

> perhaps as a result of the UMN emphasis. The Penguins Unbound
> efforts and installfests deserve much praise, however

That's very gracious of you.

Perhaps you would like to attend one of our meetings some time?  It might not
be as bad as you make it out to be.

> > Some people do volunteer to organize meetings, and it can take a lot of
> > work depending on the presentation.  Can you bring yourself to acknowedge
> > that?
> No:  The efforts to base the group at UMN have been damaging and
> stultifying, IMHO.  Many in the community do not want to go there for any
> reason.

Thanks -  I just wanted to make sure I understood, and I appreciate your
direct answer.

Jeremy