On Mon, 6 Oct 2008, Sunny wrote:

> Yes, lets go for peace. I guess RMS achieved what he wanted - he
> provoked a discussion - which is good thing.

I think you are right about that.

> Now, lets be practical - lets send RMS a response (Mike, if you and
> others agree), which states that discussion of name changing in
> underway, but a little bit of more help from the man (RMS) to convince
> more members, is more than welcome, so lets meet and let him convince
> the "unbelievers". :)
>
> This should be acceptable for any reasonable person.

I told him the other day that we were discussing it.  He mentioned that he
does not like beer, so he won't be drinking any beer, but I understand
from other sources that he *really* likes food, so he'll probably want to
eat some.  His last message read as follows:

    If the group does change its name, I would be glad to get together with
    the group some time while I am there.  That will be Oct 19 late
    afternoon thru Oct 22 noonish.

    And please write to user-groups at gnu.org to get listed in our page of
    GNU/Linux user groups.

We'll see what happens with the schedule.  I thought after his talk would
be the best time.

Mike