On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Smith, Craig A
<Craig.A.Smith at honeywell.com> wrote:

>>> GNU has indeed made huge contributions to what's on our machines.
>> GNOME, KDE, driver, OpenOffice.org
>
> Don't forget about the listserv we're using.
> Mailman is another GNU GPL project from the FSF.

Yes, but you are also mixing together projects written by the GNU
developers, with software which is simply GPL licensed.

For example, GNU shouldn't be given credit for things like KDE and
open office, simply because they choose a license published by the
FSF/GNU folks.

Quite frankly, most of the software that I interact with on a day to
day basis on my linux system is not GNU software.

Put me down as against the name change.  But I really don't care very
much one way or another.