On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, Eric F Crist wrote:

> As far as ssh keys and such being set up, that's really out of the scope
> of his question.

That was my mistake, I guess, but I think it is good to discuss related
topics.  It isn't as if all of us know every way of doing everything and
can't profit from hearing about something we are not using.  If he knew
already all the stuff I wrote about and couldn't do anything with it, I'll
be surprised.

It wouldn't be much of a list if everyone sent one-liners as answers.
Someone could reply...

clusterssh

...and someone else could chime in...

rsync

...and that would be the full content of two messages.  I prefer to have
discussions about how to do things and I especially liked Adam's reply
because I could learn something from it.

Mike