>> So who in the Twin Cities might be able to find some of her files?
>>
>> Mike
>
> Ontrack is in Eden Prairie.  But you quickly find out what your data
> means to you, the bill gets to 4 figures fast.
>
> http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/

I'll second the recommendation of Kroll Ontrack.  They're basically
THE world leaders in the business of data recovery of various sorts.
He's also right about the cost.  I recently contacted them for a
business acquaintance, and thankfully for us the data was of the sort
that we were able to decide that it wasn't worth the money to us
(around $1600, iirc).  However, there is the perk of that they will
spend time talking to about the details of the problem and get you an
estimate of both the price and what data they would likely be able to
recover, and were refreshingly honest about the prospects for the
latter, which I hadn't quite expected initially.  The customer service
guy gave me a general answer, but wasn't satisfied with that himself,
so got in touch with the engineer specializing in the filesystem we
were using and called me back with him on the phone too.  They
definitely have their act together, but do consider ahead of time what
the data is actually worth to you.

--
Tony Yarusso
http://tonyyarusso.com/