On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Jeremy <tclug at lizakowski.com> wrote:

> Slichost starts at $20/mo, and you get root and your choice of distro, as well
> as access to the console.

Well - as long as we're recommending VPS providers, I'll throw
linode.com into the arena. I've been with these guys for nearly 5
years now and have yet to have a single issue with them that wasn't
resolved within a couple of hours. Chris Aker, the owner, and his 5
other staff members are regularly in #linode on irc.oftc.net, and are
always willing to ask questions or just chat about linuxy stuff.

Linode has cabinets in 4 different datacenters around the US (Dallas,
Atlanta, Newark, Fremont), and they have 6 different sized VPS
packages, depending on your needs. They support cool things like IP
failover, disk image cloning between linodes, and they have a private
"back end" network that is available to you for inter-linode traffic.
Traffic that goes over this private network doesn't get counted
against your monthly bandwidth allotment. They have pre-made disk
images for all the major distros that are available to you, or you
have the option to "roll your own" disk image if you prefer.

Okay, this is sounding like a sales pitch, so I'll stop now.
-Erik