On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:36:12 -0600 (CST)
Mike Miller <mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu> wrote:

> I'm not sure what kinds of services are available for what I want.  I
> think the best thing for me would be to have a place that allowed me to
> house a server and charged me for bandwidth.  I would connect by ssh to do
> system administration.  The server would do email, web, and maybe other
> stuff too.  It wouldn't be a bandwidth hog because.
>
> Is what I need called a "colo" (colocation) center?  Whether it is called
> that or not, who should I go to in the twin cities for this kind of
> service?

Yes, this is colocation. It's pricey, compared to renting bandwidth,
but that depends on what sort of pipe you have to your server location
too.

I have been an ipHouse customer for years (since before 2000), and have
been very happy with them. They provide all sorts of options, including
colocation.

John Gateley <tclug at jfoo.org>