On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Florin Iucha <florin at iucha.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 12:19:24PM -0500, TW Woodward wrote:
>> So here is where I am at.  Does anybody know of a way to restore/rebuild
>> this partition table?  Are the tables identical in sda1 and sdb1?  What
>> I mean is, in a RAID0, are the tables written across the drives?  Can I
>> copy the table from sda1 to sdb?  How do I do that?
>
> Try TestDisk:  http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

I had success using gpart just a few weeks ago after I did
something.... umm... unplanned to a hard drive that contained imortant
data.

gpart hunts down the file system boundaries and then suggests the
location of the partition.  It took me a few tries to get used to the
CL syntax, and figure out which were the real boundaries, but it got
all my data back.  In your case you're using RAID which complicates
things a bit, but it's worth a shot.  By default gpart will take no
action, so it's perfectly safe to play with.

Brian Wall