I set up Request Tracker at work about 5 years ago, and it's worked
flawlessly ever since.  It easily satisfies your requirements. We
currently have about 6 queues configured in RT, and are creeping up
rather quickly on 20k tickets.  RT is somewhat of a pain to get
installed, as it has a ton of perl module dependencies.  Fortunately,
they include an installer script that takes care of 95% of that for
you, so it's not a big deal.

We currently have RT set up so that for ticket submission, users just
send email to a certain email address.  Every 10 seconds or so, RT
checks that box and pulls down any new messages. Upon ticket
submission, the users get an autoreply back - this message includes a
web link they can use to view their ticket directly.  It would be easy
enough to set permissions such that any user can view the whole queue,
though, like you wanted to do.

-Erik