Subject: A special minnebar reminder
Date: Monday 05 May 2008
From: Ben Edwards <ben at refactr.com>
To: MinneBar <MinneBar at googlegroups.com>

MinneBar is this Saturday, May 10 at Coffman Union at the U of M. Now
with 50% less sweltering heat and sweaty geeks! 300 people have
already signed up to attend and there are over 40 diverse sessions
focused on development, design, and business-related topics.

If you haven't signed up yet, please add your name to the wiki page
now. Edit http://barcamp.org/MinneBar (the "invite code" is "c4mp")
and add your name.

Full details and the session list are available on the wiki.

* Pre-event Mixer *

It's back - a chance to get to know some of the participants before
participating. Come down to the Bulldog NE this Friday night for some
free appetizers and conversation. The fun starts early, at 6pm. This
mini-event is being sponsored by Refactr LLC. Here's a link to a map:
http://tinyurl.com/4fyjgp

* Still room for sessions and demos *

We have a lot of space for more sessions so if you got something you
want to share with others, add it to the sessions page:
http://barcamp.org/MinneBarSessions

Another great thing about having a lot of extra rooms will be the
opportunity for "ad hoc" sessions to spring up. Perhaps a session will
spark another topic or you find yourself excitedly talking to a
colleague about a great idea, sign up on the "ad hoc" session board
and grab a room. We'll do our best to send out a tweet on the topic/
location as well.

* Blog/Twitter/Email -- Spread the word *

Please help us spread the word about MinneBar with your co-workers,
friends, ex-lovers, whoever. Blog posts, Twitter mentions, and email
forwards really help us out. (Speaking of Twitter, make sure you
follow @minnebar to get updates during the event.)

Can't fill up an hour, but still have something cool to show off? Give
a five minute "lightning talk"! Send an email to look at recursion.org to
sign up.

* Sponsor loving *

Last but not least, we'd like to thank our sponsors again for making
this event possible:

* University of Minnesota Software Engineering Center (Venue Sponsor)
- http://www.umsec.umn.edu
* Split Rock Partners - http://www.splitrock.com
* ipHouse - http://iphouse.com
* Swarmcast - http://www.swarmcast.com
* Sierra Bravo - http://www.sierra-bravo.com
* FindLaw - http://www.findlaw.com

Be sure to thank them at the event.

Ben Edwards
Camp Catalyst

P.S.: Look for a draft of the schedule to be published later this week.