On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, Florin Iucha wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:13:26AM -0500, Jordan Peacock wrote:
>> An ls -R * command seems to work, although I get EVERYTHING. It would be
>> preferable to somehow just get the folders.
>
> 'find . -type d'

That's a good answer.  You might want to then either snip out the initial
"./", like so...

find . -type d' | perl -pe 's#^\./##'

...or even drop all of the path except for the directory name:

find . -type d | gawk -F'/' '{print $NF}'

Related to this kind of stuff, I really like this "tree" program:

http://mama.indstate.edu/users/ice/tree/

Using that you can do things like this...

tree -dN

...to get a neat view of your directory tree.  It also allows for HTML
output with links.  That can be very useful.

Mike