On Fri, 21 Mar 2008, Jordan Peacock wrote:

> I'm not 100% sure how this folder arrived on my doorstep, but I'm having
> some problems with it. As you can see in the screenshot, the name is
> pretty bizarre, and once I click on the folder (i know it's supposed to
> be a folder) it disappears. Attempting to move it or rename it using the
> command line have failed so far.
>
> Any ideas? There are files inside that folder that I need.

After reading about all the other attempts, I'm thinking there might be a
problem with your filesystem.  I don't know why you think the file is a
directory -- your system isn't saying that it is a directory:

?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? 2006-07-10 - S¦§¨£gl¦§¦¢pur

That is very troubling output.  Your system doesn't know what type of file
it is, who owns it, etc.  You don't have permission to rename it or delete
it.  I would start with chown and chmod commands.  The file command will
normally tell you what type of file it is, but I'm not sure that will work
in this case.

Mike