I'm only familiar with the 33XX, 34XX, and 5224 and 5324. (33XX and
34XX switches are 10/100 switches, replace XX with 24 or 48 for number
of ports., 5224 and 5324 are gig switches).

They all support the features I mentioned as well as SNMP, but some of
the older firmware versions do not. This isn't a big deal as you can
get the firmware updates from Dell for free. Just remember to flash
them before you configure.

Dell recently went to the next generation on their switches, so the
model numbers are 35XX for the 10/100 and 54XX for the gig. We have
some of these on order but they haven't arrived yet so I can't say
much about them.

If you find yourself looking at used gear you might find it helpful to
know that the 5224 is a bit deeper than the 5324.

For the most part the CLI configuration is the same, but there are a
few differences depending on the series, gig vs 10/100, and firmware
revisions. Again something that mostly goes away when everything is
running the latest firmware.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
IT Outhouse Blog Thing | http://www.itouthouse.com