Mike Miller wrote:

> Sure, but there is probably a reason why you think it is the best.
> There must be some feature that you don't find in other Linux distros.
> No?

Shawn Fertch <sfertch at gmail.com> replied:

Last time I used Slack (v11.0), it was still the smallest footprint out of
all the major distros.  Yes there are others that are smaller, but they
are typically minimalist to begin with such as DamnSmallLinux, etc.

Personally, I like Slackware for the fact that out of all of the distros
I've used, it's the closest to UNIX when compared to others.  Some people
complain about it, but I prefer it because of working on the big UNIXes
all day long and it's generally the most familiar to me.  It might not
conform to the conglomerate of RHEL, Ubuntu, or others.  But, then again,
standardization and Linux hasn't gone very well together, and most likely
won't ever do so until it grows up and becomes a bit more of an enterprise
friendly solution.

-Shawn

Good answer, Shawn.  Thanks.

Mike