Quoting John Meier <john.meier at gmail.com>:

> HI all-
>
> looking for recommendations on Gigabit NIC cards and a rack mount GigaBit
> switch.  In the process of running wire to my new communications rack and
> would like a nice switch - have  3 mythtv frontends, a couple of Linux
> boxes, a couple of Macs and a Time Capsule.
>
> Any recommendations for switch and NICs linux boxes?
>
> thanks!!!

Define nice. I've always liked HP's ProCurve gear, though if you want
managed gigabit that's going to run you > $1000, last I knew anyway.

For less nice, IMHO, but still better than most of what you'll find at
Best Buy are the Dell switches. They do fairly well for their cost.

Don't know anything about the state of the consumer gigabit switch
market these days.

For gigabit NIC cards I've always liked Intel.

Josh