On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 tclug at b-o-b.homelinux.com wrote:

> This is a loaded question, and could start a riot / flame war on this
> list.
>
> It is my duty to inform you that *best* (slipping into flame retardant /
> riot gear suit) OS for this sort of setup would be Slackware Linux.
> www.slackware.com
>
> Not to upset the list, pretty much any flavor of Linux will do the job
> for you.

I don't get "upset" about any recommendations but I have to wonder why you
recommend Slackware instead of some other distro.  I also wonder why
FreeBSD is being recommended instead of some Linux solution.  A
recommendation is nice, but a recommendation that comes with an
explanation is much more valuable.

Mike