> > Any good recommendations on this?
> >
> > Supposedly the OS shouldn't really matter. But I've had issues with the
> > screen not coming back up after switching back and forth.
> >
> > I have a Compaq one, maybe I just got unlucky.

I have an IOGear PS/2 KVM on my two desktops, running XP and F8, and it
works flawlessly.   My wife has the same thing but USB - PS/2 for her laptop
and desktop and it works fine with Windows, haven't tried it (yet) with
linux.  I bought mine because it was the cheapest model on sale, and it's
been working for us.

That's my recommendation if you are just using two computers.

Dave