You could also try connecting to the server IP in question via telnet.

$ telnet 64.233.167.83 443
Trying 64.233.167.83...
Connected to 64.233.167.83.
Escape character is '^]'.

Replace the 64.233.167.83 with whatever IP you're box is trying to reach.

If you see "Connected to IPADDRESS" that means it is not a network issue as
you made a successful TCP connection to the server.

If you see "Connection refused" that probably means the server port is
closed (server is not listening) though some filters/firewalls can fake
this.

If you see "Connection timed out" or if it just hangs forever that means
there is probably a filter/firewall blocking it or there is no server at
that IP address at all.

If you use something like wireshark or tcpdump you can watch and see if
there are any replies and what they are.

Most likely your ISP is not blocking outbound TCP/443 traffic. In any case
if you're sure your own local stuff is not blocking anything find the
IP/hostname of the server you're connecting to and then contact the
administrator of the server and/or vendor of the software and ask for
assistance.