On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Kyle Quamme <kyle.quamme at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about interfacing some sort of handheld/mobile unit with it over SSH or
> something? You could use a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection.(IE: PalmTX running
> pssh) That would also add the ability to sync the machine in the car with a
> music library in the house.

A very cool implementation indeed.  I hadn't considered running the
laptop as a "media server" of sorts, but that would be a neat use of
this laptop.

By the way, I've gotten some interesting posts off list about why I'm
doing this the way I am.  I'm simply trying to find a cool use for
discarded technology.  This is a tinker project, and I do realize it
wouldn't be as robust as even the cheapest MP3 player out there.  I'm
doing it for the gadget/hacking factor only.

-Brian