On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Charlie O wrote:
> I'm looking to get my first mp3 player.  I don't want to bother with IPod
> or DRM files, just something that will play mp3s that is good quality sound
> and not too pricey.
>
> I would prefer finding one that allows me to use a Linux computer interface
> rather than needing Windows.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> thanks,
>
> Charlie

I got an Insignia Pilot from Best Buy. It will play ogg files but doesn't
organize them very well. So I rip to MP3 using KAudioCreator and manage the
music to the Insignia using Amorok. I've also taken to using Kyamo to edit
the tags for album art. Works like a champ. I think the 8Gb ones are on sale
this week.

(Shameless Plug: The process of getting stuff to the Insignia will be the
subject of the June PenguinsUnbound meeting at the end of the month.)

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com
http://www.jacku.com