Memory error (the floppy is OK, though).  Had to have been 73 or layer, because I met the friend who identified the opportunity in
'73.  Was before '75, which is kinda "c1971"  :-)    That 8008 system was some kind of "intelligent" workstation, and I got it after
it was "retired" by something newer and more suited to the "unskilled" clerical users.  I think it did mailmerge letters originally,
but I swapped its Eproms to diagnostic ones that allowed me to write assemply language programs to do my stuff... which was business
stuff for my sideline business.  Kept it and its I/O Selectric in service as a as a business quality printer.  Had it about a year
before I got my Sol-20 which had been out roughly 6mos to a year before I bought.

> Here's a list of some disks and when they were introduced:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floppy_disk#Disk_formats
>
> I'm surprised to see how early some of these came out.  I remember a
> friend telling me that he used to pay $10 for one 360K 5¼" floppy, but by
> then (1988?) we were getting HD 5¼" disks (1155 KB) for $1.

Group and bulk buys were certainly important then, but I don't remember ever paying as much as $10 each.  $3 was "good".

Chuck