On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, John Meier wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:56 AM, J Cruit <j at packetgod.com> wrote:
>
>> You know I just found a box of good old five and a quarters (remember
>> the old whole punch read/write trick?) and if someone does have access
>> to a drive perhaps I could borrow it to try to transfer data?  Or maybe
>> at the next meeting we could work up a transfer station :)
>
> I have 3 5.25 drives and a couple boxes (still shrink wrapped) of blank
> 5.25 disks.  FREE pickup in bloomington.

Ha!  I'll bet there is a lot more interest in the drives than in the
disks.  Are they 360 KB disks or the fancy high density "HD" 1.2 MB disks?

It's funny to remember that I used to think I could never fill one of
those 360 KB disks with my word processor files.  Back then Word Perfect
files weren't a lot different from plain text, so it took a long time to
type a 20 KB document (I was not much of a typist at first).

Mike