On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Nate Carlson <tclug at natecarlson.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Donovan wrote:
>>
>> The price and features of Teliax were awesome and they were very helpful
>> when I first signed up.  I'm hoping to find another provider with a similar
>> cost structure (pay per minute with no or limited monthly fees) that can
>> support both SIP and IAX.  Any favorites out there?
>
> I'm using:
>
> Bandwidth.com:
> Structured more like traditional PSTN service; you pay per-channel, and get
> unlimited local calling. I like them because you can actually get blocks of
> DID's without paying a bundle.
>
> Junction Networks:
> Structured more like Teliax; more expensive, but also more reliable.  ;)

> | nate carlson | natecars at natecarlson.com | http://www.natecarlson.com |
> |       depriving some poor village of its idiot since 1981            |

I just signed up with Junction Networks and am pointing my old numbers
from Teliax to them.  Literally the minute my account was activated I
got a call from one of their reps asking if I had any questions or
needed help with anything.  I had a few questions and the rep was very
knowledgeable.  Hopefully they've cloned that rep within their
company.

Took me all of 5 minutes to create an account, get a phone number, set
up my SIP device and make calls (I type fast).  My initial impression
is that there is a lot more polish all around.  I'm going to give them
a few weeks then port my numbers over if things are looking good.

Thanks for the great recommendations everyone!

--
Donovan Niesen